Winter is Coming Braavos/Dorne section
Tips and Advice:
Tip 1: Whisper.
- Intrigue, plotting and treachery are a big part of the Game of Thrones. To accomplish these, or simply to have a private conversation with someone, you can whisper (PM) them via the /w command, followed by their name, on Kongregate:
- Example: “/w usernamehere Message that you want to whisper.”
Tip 2: Give your character room to grow.
- If they come into the RP fully developed already, there won’t be anything to do with them, and you’ll quickly grow bored. Have them develop their abilities and work with other characters to cover those weaknesses.
- Here are a few examples: Instead of having them fully armed and armored, EARN the equipment during the story. Instead of having certain abilities or knowledge, like medicine or ravenry, RELY on another character, such as, in this case, a maester, for those needs.
Tip 3: Make an effort to write correctly.
- There are no images in chat, no videos, just words and sentences. Make sure your RP is enjoyable to read by writing it as best as you can. We understand that everyone makes spelling mistakes once in a while, and a good number of our players aren’t native English speakers, but punctuation and capitalization, as well as avoiding abbreviations such as “sry” or “thx”, go a long way to show you’re making an effort.
- Additionally, remember that the ASOIAF Universe resembles our own medieval times, and try to avoid using anachronistic modern terms. This does not mean your work should resemble a Shakesperean play. However, words such as “ok” and “dude” can easily be replaced by canon-friendly equivalents.
Tip 4: Avoid frequently roleplaying with yourself.
- Roleplaying is a social activity – the whole point of it is to do it with other people. Otherwise, it would just be writing a story. While short, occasional bits of it are alright – they might even be useful to give other players some insight on your character’s thoughts, actions and/or backstory – long, frequent sessions of it involving multiple other characters of yours and dialogue with yourself will just feel detached from the plot, and others will likely lose interest quite rapidly.